Tuesday, October 27, 2009

 

Morning News

One of the vets at the animal hospital called this morning. Torre has made it through the night pretty well, and is able to walk. She's still very uncomfortable and is being given IV pain killers and fluids. They will attempt giving her solid food later today, and we will be able to visit her this evening.

For us the night was long and empty. Jayne looked from our bed to the sofa where Torre frequently sleeps. She lays on the sofa and looks at us. Last night we looked at the empty space.

During the night I tiptoed into he bathroom, careful not to step on her, where she frequently sleeps. I remembered she wasn't there as I was feeling my way into the bathroom in the dark.

I know that when the end comes we will go through this all over again. It is a future time that I dread, knowing what we're going through now.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?