Saturday, October 31, 2009

 
My week was extremely trying, and I hope to end personal news with this posting.

My dear, sweet Black and Tan Coonhound mix survived her emergency surgery and is now home. Yesterday my wife and I were given the bad news, that the blockage in her intestine was malignant. It is called spindle-cell sarcoma. This disease is also in humans. It is an abnormal growth of the soft tissue and can happen just about anywhere in the body.

Torre came home from the vet on Thursday night. Her first day and a half was very tough, but today she seemed to turn a corner. She started eating and seemed just about her old self. We're overjoyed, but in a guarded way. We hope that the surgery got all of the tumor cells, but we know that some may have dispersed on a cellular level that is impossible to trace until it grows again.

She will not live a long life, but now, every day is a bonus. We were told to strongly consider euthanasia on Monday, and she is still with us. Not only that, but she seems almost normal.

I will not go on and on with this subject, and my next posting will be once again topical.

Thank you for your indulgence.
Comments:
Rob: I'm so sorry you and Jayne are going through this. It's heart wrenching just to read about. My thoughts are with all of you. Love, Marian
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?